REALWomanhood: God told her everything she needed to know.
Written by Dr. Merle Ray on January 1, 2019
Lesson 12 – Pondering Questions
Textbook: Spiritual Identity by Dr. Merle Ray
Just as God had spent time working to create the man alone, He also spent time working to create the woman alone. I think that before the woman believed on and acted upon the lie of the enemy, she not only looked incredible, she was incredible. She had gotten her self-esteem and self-worth from God. I don’t believe God would have created Eve, blew breath into her, brought life into her, and not talked with her before taking her to Adam. Think about it. God had given Eve of His Spirit, which told her everything she needed to know about herself and the things around her. Eve only needed to believe them. Why? Because she needed them to function in her purpose as the mother of all living. She needed them to function in her faith! I submit to you that God had placed her in a tremendous position of favor and blessing with God and with man. But it was up to her to believe that it was so! Isn’t that the same with us today?
- Eve was taken out of Adam but she had a relationship with God first.
- She knew who she was because God told her when He created her in private while man was asleep.
- When Adam saw her he confirmed what God had already done. Adam said, “this is bone of my bone…”
- She was designed by the Divine and divine by design. In her physical makeup, she was designed to represent an extraordinary spiritual principle – the principle of receiving seed and bearing fruit – a principle that Jesus constantly taught his disciples in the New Testament. Our children, family, money, career, etc. are all seed for bearing good fruit.
- She was wired for healthy relationships because that was a necessary part of her purpose with Adam as she was the mother of all living.
- She had a spiritual relationship with God before she had a physical relationship with man. God designed her from His likeness and image.
- Even in her nakedness – her bare crafty, prudent, shrewd, and wise form, she was fully accepted by God and by the man. There was nothing humiliating, insulting or offensive about her. God had declared her and the rest of Creation Very good!
What does this show you of God’s character toward the woman and us as women today?
Please read the section and answer the questions. Scroll down to Leave a Reply posting your answers by the requested due date. Reply also to the comments posted by your Corporate Sisters. Once you have left your reply/comments, then click below to either proceed to the Next Discussion Forum or Return to Curriculum page.
Destinee Montgomery On September 20, 2020 at 3:32 pm
We are Gods creation and that statement alone says everything. No one or anything should come between what God has created us to be,
Yolanda Perry On July 23, 2020 at 2:35 pm
God invested his time and creativity to create Eve. His love for us unexplainable. He created us in his own image and provide everything we need to be a successful woman.
Diana Williams On June 28, 2020 at 6:04 pm
As I reflect on the creation of woman, I am drawn to how he painstakingly formed and intricately shaped her into the masterpiece which He himself designed and created. He placed within woman the ability to bring forth seed, then gave her the ability to love and nurture that seed, and an ability to discern what that seed needed even before it could speak. He fashioned woman to be able to love unconditionally, just as He himself loves us. He demonstrated to her what real intimacy with Him looked like. God showed her what a real relationship looks like, and taught her how to relate to man, as well as how she should be treated. And, then after this, He presented her to the man.
Juanita Robinson On June 15, 2020 at 5:44 am
Our Father who foreknew us before HE formed us in our mother womb, had purpose for us to walk in faith. Receiving seed naturally or spiritually bearing fruit and at the appropriate time, when ripe delivery time for the manifestation of our character to resemble HIS as we multiply and replenish the earth fulfilling purpose.
Dr. Merle Ray On June 22, 2020 at 12:59 pm
Absolutely loved your statement, “Receiving seed naturally or spiritually bearing fruit and at the appropriate time, when ripe delivery time for the manifestation of our character to resemble HIS as we multiply and replenish the earth fulfilling purpose!”
Benita Edwards On June 14, 2020 at 6:16 pm
This just came to me as I logged on to answer: Let me just imagine God has a special project, if you will, that He called woman. I put myself in that space of creativity for a special project. So, I just want to take my time (or the time that God gives me) to give it my undivided attention, my intention, my devotion, my wherewithal, etc. This project is me. I put my all into it; with all that God has put into me.
Dr. Merle Ray On June 22, 2020 at 12:54 pm
Stunning interpretation, Benita! You are so perceptive!
Jerrelyn Gaines On June 7, 2020 at 7:43 pm
“The Creation shows how good the character of God is toward’s creation of woman. He didn’t set up her to fail; God designed her to win! But it takes faith to be a woman and it always has, even in the presence of the Almighty. Eve was not made a robot. Her belief in if she was going to reach her destiny. The same is true of you and me.” Spiritual Identity – Definition and Disorder pg. 137.
• It takes Faith to be a real woman
• It takes having a personal and intimate relationship with Jesus Christ first.
• As a woman our beliefs and/or worldview should be in our Heavenly Father.
• Our spiritual identity comes from our Heavenly Father through Jesus (self-worth, self-esteem, and self-confidence).
• Women were designed (the principle of receiving seed and bearing fruit)
Barbara Crater On June 7, 2020 at 4:12 pm
There is no difference or separation of His feelings and love for us. He is very pleased with what He created in us.
Dr. Merle Ray On June 7, 2020 at 5:47 pm
Dorothy Hubbard On June 7, 2020 at 1:04 pm
As God spent time with her alone He poured everything into her that was needed both physically and mentally. He did not give her any less than the man she was made equal. She was made with self esteem, confidence and appearance. She had a spiritual relationship with God before she had one with man. Failure was not an option, He intended for her to win. She just needed to believe it. She was fully accepted by man and God,
Kimberly Thompson On June 6, 2020 at 9:31 pm
God loves us with an intense passion, he desires our fellowship and worship and for us to willingly surrender to him because he really wants to bless our socks off!
We were created for fellowship, first with God then with each other. God spent time talking to Eve, speaking into her life positive affirmation and telling her who she was, her identity and purpose. So God prepared her for what was next. He knows that we cannot fully love others unless until we experience his love, so she was prepared to meet Adam. He does the same for us today, if we choose to believe what he says about us and we find love in him before we get into relationship or marry.
brendab On May 24, 2020 at 3:33 pm
That we are just as important as man and that God loves us and He perfected us and that we are special in His eyes.